After talking about a few potential options, we both decided to go to Emma Prusch farm together. The petting zoo is really wonderful and there is a sprawling park that begs to be explored. It took just a few short minutes to get there and begin our adventures!
Being without the bigger kids, I was fascinated by what caught Emily's eye. I thought it would be the 'big ticket' attractions, but she seemed to find something special about every bush, every overturned rock. She wanted to explore slowly and thankfully, we had the time.
We saw cows, ducks, goats, pigs, chickens, sheep, Canadian geese, strange bugs, and an enticing peacock who Emily couldn't leave alone. Because we had the time, I let her follow the peacock but let her know not to bug it too much as they can get mad quickly!
We ended our day in the chicken/goose area where Emily and I truly shared a moment of pure fright and hilarity! I have known the Canadian geese in this area to be aggressive. There is a station where you can buy goose food for $0.25 and I came loaded up with quarters for my sweet Emily. There were a few others in the feeding area with us as well.
All started out well. We got a few handfuls of food and sprinkled it around, much to the happiness of the geese! And then, things got weird. The geese started forming a circle around the food dispenser and consequently, us. There were others in there with us so I felt like we had safety in numbers. Yes, I am a bit of a 'chicken' when it comes to animals getting too close to me when I don't want them there. It was obvious in this moment that Emily inherited this trait.
She sensed the geese were angry and I pretended to act like I had it all under control. (I didn't.) The geese started honking and attacked the pants of the man next to us. I swear, about five geese pulled his pant leg so hard he almost fell down! Emily was screaming and I was trying to find an exit- but we were in a fenced in corner.
The geese started flapping their wings (it was in this moment that I truly appreciated the wing span of a goose) and it was pure chaos! Hearing all of the commotion, one of the handlers at the park came and broke up the geese riot. Oh . . . my . . . goose. Emily was bawling, I was still looking for an exit . Let's be honest. I basically blacked out so I really don't remember how we got out of there alive, but we did and I take full credit for it!
After The Great Goose Attack of 2013, Emily ran for her life. Literally, she got out of the fenced area and ran and ignored my requests to come back. I eventually caught up to her and calmed her down. I also laughed and told her that I had never seen her run so fast! I tried to distract Emily by pushing her on the swings. She didn't want to stay much longer. After a quick photo shoot by some pretty flowers, we were outta there. And yes, every three steps on the way to the car- Emily looked over her shoulder to see if geese were following us.
1 comment:
That face is EVERYTHING! Keep going, Lis! You're making my day.
Post a Comment