Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First Day of School!

It's been a long time coming but it is finally here!  The first day of school!  The morning was beautiful!  Well, to me it was.  Beautiful weather, beautiful kids!  I think it's going to be a great year!

Michael is starting 6th grade this year.  He is in 6B and will have Mrs. Brady as his teacher.  He is more than ready for what's to come.  5th grade is quite the adjustment academically so now that he has survived that, he should do just fine!  6th grade is supposedly supposed to be a review year of 5th grade so Michael is thrilled with the possibility that he won't be as stressed as he was last year!  Michael is going into school a more confident and capable learner.  5th grade was a real test for Michael and he passed with flying colors!

Claire is starting 5th grade this year!  This is a huge shift for students at St. Christopher.  As 5th graders, they move from the lower wing to the bigger wing (5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders).  They also don't sit in one classroom every day.  They move classrooms and teachers and need to stay very organized!  She is in 5B and will be taught by Mrs. Alderidge.  Claire enters 5th grade a creative, confident, and wonderful young lady.  I see only amazing things for her in the year ahead!

This is the first year (since we've been at St. Chris) where my kids are not all in A classes.  It also marks the first time where Claire won't get Michael's previous teacher!  The kids were shocked but I assured them, they'll be fine.

Mr. Matthew is poised and ready for his first EVER full day of school!  He is going to be in 1A and taught by one of my favorite teachers, Mrs. Ahlers.  She is amazing and I know that Matthew will thrive in her incredibly loving, and welcoming classroom!  Matthew is ready for full day school.  At home- he is so outspoken and relaxed.  He tends to tense up in school so we will work on bring to school the same confidence he has at home.

And Emily.  Not so fast, my little four year old!  She will start her first year of preschool in a few short weeks!

I am happy to report that all three kids loved their teachers and had a great first day!  Even Matthew, who bravely took on his first full day and joined his siblings in the 'full day of school club'.  While I was kind of ready for them to go back to school (there was been a lot of bickering and tangling between the kids), I wish I could pull them back and enjoy their faces for a few more days.  Happy Back to School, babies!  I love you all more than you know!









2 comments:

saccon00 said...

Okay. This is too cute. And that last picture of Goose? MELT.

saccon00 said...

Okay. This is too cute. And that last picture of Goose? MELT.