
No, I did not have the baby . . . but YES I have finally met my nephew, Kyle! I have waited a long time (he is now 3 months old) and I couldn't be more pleased with this little guy! My sister Jill, her husband Brian, and Kyle flew down yesterday to see us! It was Kyle's first flight and I am happy to say that they made it successfully and Kyle slept the whole way. What a guy! We picked them up from the airport and the minute I laid eyes on Kyle, my eyes filled with happy tears. I picked him up and gave him the biggest hug and enjoyed the moment- which I have waited a long time to have. The kids went crazy and were so excited to meet their cousin. Not only had we not met Kyle yet, but we hadn't seen Jill or Brian since August either. We are enjoying them so much and it is fun to hold Kyle while also feeling my own little baby kick in my tummy. Lord knows these two will get in a lot of trouble together in a few years! They will be here for a few more days and will be here when I get my cerclage removed and possibly go into labor (but I am not holding my breath about going into labor).I had not anticipated it, but being around Kyle is a good trial run for both Michael and Claire. They are learning a lot about being around a baby. How to burp him, how to gag when we change his diaper, not to touch him when he is sleeping, and Claire learned that no- Kyle cannot have a carrot at dinnertime. I have been gently reminded of the 'work' I have ahead of me- especially when I got up at 2am to go to the bathroom and heard Jill walking Kyle around with the TV on. Yes folks, I have a lot of fun ahead of me!
I am now less than 48 hours away from getting the cerclage removed but also gaining the ability to move around and be mobile without any restrictions. So stay tuned, because who knows what will happen next. In the meantime, I am going to stare at Kyle for the next few days.
2 comments:
You are amazing that you have come this far. I am beaming with happiness for you and Damien! So much to look forward to and you deserve all of it. I'll try to call you today... so excited to talk to you!
oh my dosh. those pictures just made me so happy to see!!! I wish I was there with all of you. I'm there with you in spirit and twizzlers though.
love you all, gina
Post a Comment