Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Cerclage Removal???

So the plan was that I was supposed to call Labor and Delivery at 6:30 a.m. to see if there were any available rooms for my 7:30 a.m. removal appointment. Apparently, a very eager (and very energetic nurse) called me at 5:30 a.m. letting me know that there were no rooms available and that I was the second person to be 'bumped' out of their appointment this morning. She said that I would receive a call once a room opened up. My doctor told me that I couldn't eat or drink anything 8 hours before my procedure, so I downed a bottle of water at 11 p.m. and tried to get some sleep. I slept horribly! So much was on my mind! For all you parents of toddlers out there, I am embarrassed to admit that I couldn't get the Wonder Pets theme song out of my head. Pathetic, I know. So after I lay in bed for hours wide awake, humming the annoying Wonder Pets theme song, finding Claire asleep on the toilet, and dealing with my big, pregnant, uncomfortable belly- I finally fell asleep.

I got another call at 7:30 a.m. basically restating what I already knew and that brings us to this very moment. I am exhausted from a night of no sleep, hungry and thirsty, but mostly anxious to get this removal over with and to see what follows! We aren't sure if we will receive a call soon or hours from now, but we will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh. I will be praying for you guys! Love you!

Anonymous said...

ahhh. I will be praying for you guys! Love you!

Anonymous said...

oh man! Well hope you get in soon! It sounds like my last c section 4 hours later than planned, ugh!

amy