Friday, June 10, 2011

Michael's 3rd Grade Time Capsule

Michael's third grade teacher, Mrs. Delgadillo, came up with a great little keepsake for her students.  At the beginning of the year, she had them make a time capsule about themselves.  All it required was answering a series of questions on a piece of paper that she gave them.  At the end of the year, she handed them a duplicate page to fill out.  This way- the kids could see how they changed over the course of a full school year!  Michael never told me that he had filled this out at the beginning of the year (not a shocker- I hear very little about class activities) so when he brought it home- it gave me a good giggle!

A Time Capsule About Me- 2011

September 16, 2010
My Favorite Food:  I don't know- but I love chocolate.
My Favorite Color:  Brown and Blue
My Best Friend:  Anthony Pecoraro and Alex McAllister
My Favorite Song:  I seriously don't know?
My Favorite Game:  Not sure?
The Thing I Like To Do Most:  Hang out with my family.
My Favorite Sport:  Soccer, Baseball, and Basketball
My Favorite TV Show:  Sponge Bob Squarepants
What I Want to be When I Grow Up:  A Ninja, a Popsicle Man or a Donut Man
My Favorite Hobby:  Maybe video games?
My Favorite Book:  Harry Potter
My Newest Friend:  Miguel

June 7th, 2011
My Favorite Food:  Chocolate
My Favorite Color:  Blue and Brown
My Best Friend:  Zack Turner
My Favorite Song:  Michael Finnigan
My Favorite Game:  FIFA on XBox. 
The Thing I Like to do Most?  Play Sports
My Favorite Sport:  Soccer and Basketball
My Favorite TV Show:  Sponge Bob Squarepants
What I Want to be When I Grow Up:  A salesman
My Favorite Hobby:  Reading
My Favorite Book:  Harry Potter
My Newest Friend:  Zack Turner

Because I know my Michael, I can tell that he was a more confident kid at the end of the year.  A new school year brings on some challenges that are obviously overcome by the end of the year.  I can tell by some of Michael's answers that he mastered the third grade and felt pretty darn good about himself . . . as he should.  He is one amazing kiddo!

No comments: