I have been to Pike Place Market many many times. I love the nostalgia of it and I love that you never know what you're going to get! The crowds, the produce, the flowers, the fish, and atmosphere is awesome! We have had a few days at my parent's house where we are home alone for a lot of the day. My Mom is almost out for summer vacation at the school where she is the school secretary. I thought that it would be fun to load up the kids, Damien, and Laura and go exploring!
The market was busy when we got there. Once we parked- we headed straight to the famous fish vendors so the kids could take in the flying fish! Michael and Claire were really looking forward to this and I didn't want to disappoint them! The hilarious part of this photo is right behind Claire is a giant Monkfish. It's jaws are open and there is an invisible string that goes from it's mouth to the employees behind the counter. When kids get close, they pull the string and the kids totally freak out. I suspect this is why Claire looks a little scared in this photo!
We walked aimlessly around the market and ended up having lunch at a great little restaurant with a nice view of the water. While the food was good, it took a while to get our food which proved a little tricky with a squirrely two year old. After lunch we grabbed some candy before we headed back for home.
We had a fabulous time today. Sometimes the idea of getting all four kids dressed and ready to get out of the house seems daunting. I am so glad that I pushed though and took them out. These days of freedom with all of them within my reach are numbered. I want to make the most of my life with these beautiful children. What a fantastic day!
Monday, June 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment