We had such a great time in Kirkland this week. I am not too sad to leave because I know that we will be back in a month for a fantastic two week stay. Some of the things I loved the most were:
Seeing my kids gardening with Nonna. They really find it fascinating that she can find worms whenever she wants!
Watching the kids play in the backyard all day long! Between kickball, baseball, and basketball- they love it!
My parents house is rolie polie/potato bug heaven! They are all over the backyard which was thrilling to the kids. Emily found them all the time and would summon everyone over to show us her 'new friend' . . . that she would then step on 50% of the time.
Seeing Emily come out of Auntie Natalie's room at least once a day decked out in jewelry, hair bows, high heels, and occasionally wearing some rainbow colored nail polish! Damien was so pleased with all of these choices.
While we were here- Michael, Claire, and Matthew made up words to the Harry Potter video game theme song. It went, The Dursley's suck, the Dursley's suck, the Dursley's suck- they suck. This could also be substituted with The Dursley's pee and The Dursley's poop. Totally mature . . . and a little vulgar. And is it sad that I don't even know who the Dursley's are? Haven't read a Harry Potter book yet. My older two have read six each. Come to think of it- I better find out who they are singing about!
It was so wonderful to spend time with my nephew Kyle. He is my godson and I just love him to pieces. I love that he calls me Auntie Misa. He loves my kids and he and Matthew are such great buddies. He calls Emily his baby and always touches her face. Kyle thinks she is the cutest thing in the world!
On our last night, I took a picture with him on my parent's deck. The sunset was beautiful. I asked him to smile for the picture and he wouldn't. I threatened him that if he didn't do it- I would kiss him. Guess what happened??
I loved seeing both of my Grandmas. I didn't get a picture with my Grandma but got to catch up with her at Emily's birthday. I did get a picture with my Nana and absolutely love it. I am a very lucky granddaughter.
We all had a wonderful visit. I love my parents, sisters, and entire family and I cherish our long summer visits where we can all be together and make memories. Goodbye Kirkland. See you at the end of July!
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lisa, the picture of you and Nana is simply beautiful.
If rolly polly bugs only knew how much entertainment they provide to children and adults alike..classic.
Post a Comment