I still have a lot of pride in Santa Clara. They haven't been doing so hot in the Women's Basketball department, but I still want to support them in any way I can! Each year, we have the whole team, coaching staff, and practice players over for a big Italian dinner. I try and sponsor them and donate where I am able. I also try and go to a few games a year! Not only is it good for me, but it is a great experience for my kids!
They were offered the opportunity to be Ball Kids a few times this season. I was even able to open it up to a few of Claire's friends! The SCU team gives each child a t-shirt, trains them on their expected duties (chasing balls, wiping up sweat, helping the refs), and gives them seats right behind the basket for an awesome court side experience! My kids absolutely LOVE IT!
By the end of the game, all the kids had cameos on the jumbo tron dancing and yes, chest bumping. It was a proud moment for me. We've been working on chest bumping for years :)
When the game was over, all four of the kids got their t-shirts signed by the players. How lucky are they to have such positive role models in their life? We all had a lot of fun and I know the kids are already looking forward to when they get to do it again!
Monday, December 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment