Friday, December 09, 2011

Letters to Santa

I am always excited to see what my kids want Santa to bring them each year.  We are going to be in Washington this Christmas so I hope that Santa remembers that it will be really hard to bring home gifts that are too big! 

I have to crown Claire "Queen of the Christmas Letter" this year because she took it very seriously.  Once the toy catalog came in the mail from Target and Toys R Us, Claire got to work!  There was a lot of stuff on her list!  Despite all of her requests- Claire really just wanted a digital camera.  She wants an Angry Birds board game, a Barbie Nail Printer ($200, recycled from last years list, hard to find, etc.), games for the XBox Kinect, a few other North Pole friendly items.  At least it wasn't like last year when she asked for a new sister and a kitty.  Hmmm.

Emily was a minimalist this year.  She only wanted two things. 1. Dora the Explorer Talking Kitchen  2.  Gum. (P.S.  The Grinch's heart grew two sizes after that kiss!)

Michael really didn't get into the list writing mood this year.  However, it is clear that he wants a digital camera, an MP3 player, a Messi jersey, and a pocket television.  Okie Dokie!  This should be a good, technology-filled year for him!

Matthew wanted a Nintendo DS Holding Mario.  No- Mario does not come with a DS.  And no, it is not a DS charger either.  It is merely a $40,  twelve inch tall, plastic standing Mario- arms extended that just HOLDS a DS.  Seriously, I need to go into plastic doll marketing.  Matthew has also asked for Kirby and Harry Potter DS games.

Every year, I like to take the little kids to Macy's where they have this big, beautiful red desk where you can write a letter to Santa and then mail it.  I don't know why- but I think it is so whimsical.  Perhaps I get more out of it than they do- but I think they love it.  In the past few years, Matthew has doodled on the postcard to Santa.  This year, my heart almost melted when I saw that he was able to write a letter all on his own!  Emily wrote four different postcards.  By write, I mean scribbled all over the place.  Hey- that is how she rolls these days!

I am so excited for the Christmas season ahead.  The magic is all around us.  The kids are in full belief.  The bells are ringing.  Santa will be here in only sixteen days!!

1 comment:

the uffelmans said...

love this idea. totally going to copy you next year. is this at valley fair or that other mall i never go to?