Monday, December 05, 2011

Bliss

I am pretty sure that when Claire said she wanted a sister, she was referring to having moments like this.  Claire takes such great care of Emily without me ever having to ask.  Tonight, I walked into the front room and Claire was reading to Emily in front of the tree.  She had about ten books in her lap and just wanted to spend time with her little sister.   They make me so happy.  This bond is what I wanted for each of them.  I am so glad that they have each other and I truly look forward to watching these two maneuver through life together.

2 comments:

LSacco said...

My heart! This is so beautiful and a true picture of what is to come in their lifelong sisterhood.
Love, Nonna

the uffelmans said...

i will never forget "it's a girl" and i was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for Claire.