Thursday, December 29, 2011

Emily's Black Eye

My wild, crazy, awesome, dare-devilish, stunt loving daughter took a nose dive at Damien's parent's house today.  It's not uncommon that Emily falls since she is always doing crazy things- but it's unusual that she actually hurt herself!  Apparently- Damien was standing right by my sweet little girl when she tripped on the carpet and fell face first into the door jam.  Emily didn't get her hands out in time and smashed full force into the door.  I happened to come upstairs right after and saw her crying, okay screaming, with Damien.  Naturally, I grabbed her and looked at her face.  I got that kind of feeling where you want to yell 'Oh my gosh!  That is terrible!' but instead you say 'You're okay!  It's not that bad!   Seriously, I felt so bad for her.  She was wailing and that is unlike my tough Emmy.

I did convince her to put ice on her eye which I am sure helped it.  It's just that it sure didn't look like it helped it!  It looked awful!  The swelling got worse throughout the day and I was worried her eye was going to swell shut.  Luckily- it got close but didn't swell all the way.  It became discolored almost immediately and I had the hardest time looking at her without feeling so bad for her!  My poor Emily.  I hope this gets better soon!

3 comments:

hdgina said...

Hardest 2 year old I know. Her milkshake brings all the peeps to the yard.

LSacco said...

The cutest shiner I have ever seen! Emily, you are tough and very adorable! Love, Nonna

the uffelmans said...

that is awful. poor baby.