Every year, Santa comes to Ballard Montessori to visit all the kids and bring them a wrapped book! Matthew was really looking forward to this! I decided not to bring Emily to this part of Matthew's Christmas party. While I love Emily to pieces- she has a way of stealing Matthew's thunder sometimes and I wanted to make sure this experience was all his. Lucky for me, I have an amazing friend who was there to take pictures for me! Thank you Karen!
Santa brought Matthew the book How the Grinch Stole Christmas. He was ecstatic! Karen got some great shots of my sweet little guy receiving his gift from Santa. Emily and I joined the party once the arts and crafts were over. Matthew was so happy to see us and share the gift Santa brought him! We had a nice little lunch with his classmates and then headed home.
Once home, Matthew said he wanted to write a note in the cover of his book. In his sweet handwriting it read: Santa gave me this book. Matthew 2011. I keep all of our Christmas books in a special spot next to the fireplace during the holidays. He was so happy to place his book next to the others. What a special time of year this is. Amidst all of the hustle and bustle- these moments carry me through.
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment