Sunday, January 29, 2012

Matthew's Bowling Birthday Party!

Matthew is turning FIVE tomorrow!  To celebrate- we invited a small group of friends and family to come to Matthew's Bowling Party!  Matthew has been asking for a bowling party since his Peter Pan party was over last year.  I knew I had to do it!  After looking at a few places, we opted to have it at 300 San Jose which is a really nice and fun alley! 

We decided that we were going to only invite family as he would still recovering from his surgery.  Luckily we did because apparently bowling isn't as cheap as I remember it to be!  Small, shmall.  We still had 28 people there!  Matthew was on cloud nine today.  For the past month- he has been asking how many days there were until his party.  It go so repetitive that I just made a special calendar for him so he didn't have to ask ninety times a day!

We started his party at 11:00 a.m. which was awesome because we had the whole place to ourselves!  We had all ten kids bowling on two lanes and they really had a great time.  There were different skill levels and different strategies- but it all worked out in the end!  The adults got to bowl on the lane next to the kids and I think that everyone had a great time!!!

For lunch, the kids had pizza and soda (what else would you eat at a bowling alley) and all ten of them signed a real souvenir bowling pin for Matthew.  I know that this made him feel really special.  Bowling themed cupcakes followed and before we knew it- the party was over! 

I was really happy that my parents were able to be in town for his BIG day!  They certainly enjoyed themselves and the kids loved having them there.  We were just as thrilled to be surrounded by so many people from Damien's family.  We are so lucky to have such amazing people in our life!

We came back to the house for 'The Opening of the Gifts' and Matthew was overwhelmed by all the cool stuff he received from people who love him more than he even knows.  It was awesome.  Less than a week before- Matthew had gotten his tonsils out.  What a tough kid to go through all of that!  He deserved the very best and I hope that is exactly what he feels he got.  We love you Matthew and can't wait for your actual birthday tomorrow!!



1 comment:

the uffelmans said...

okay, so per our conversation tonight, i am so glad i cut brinn's hair. the child looks homeless in the photo of her and em. now, she looks a LITTLE more groomed.

also, i love matthew. his party was so fun and he is so dear to us. luke said it was the most fun EVER! how is he 5?