Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Prom Party

We were invited to our good friends' Amy and Melissa's 35th Birthday Party tonight.  The best part about the entire thing (other than being able to see our great friends) was that it was a Prom Themed party!  These types of expereinces are few and far between as adults.  As adolescents- we went to so many dances and parties.  It seemed like it was always time to look for a new dress or get creative to ask someone to a dance.

Damien and I were really looking forward to the chance to be creative with our outfits!  We had lofty plans that included scouring the local vintage thrift shops and finding outfits that would knock it out of the park!  Unfortunately, life took center stage and we were scrambling last minute for outfits!  I took the three younger kids to Goodwill in an effort to find anything that would work.  We walked back to the dress rack and would you know that Claire found the dress of the century! 

"Mom!  I found it!  I hope you can fit in this dress!" she said.  I looked over and it was hideous.  Perfect!!!  It fit great and I knew that we were set for the dance.  My parents were in town and offered to watch the kids for the evening.  Gina was also here.  She was proactive at the drug store earlier and bought me a really tight barrel curling iron.  It was also hideous.  Perfect!  I put my hair half up and secured it with a metalic pink scrunchie.  Oh yeah.  Things were shaping up now!  Add a nice pair of panty hose (seriously, I haven't worn panty hose in like ten years) and I was ready to go!

Damien opted for a Zack Morris look from Saved By The Bell. I loved that show and loved Zack Morris so the look really worked for me!  Ha!  The outfits at the party were awesome!  People really went all out.  I have to give the Best Dressed award to our friend Eileen Brinker.  She actually wore her prom dress from high school and she is seven months pregnant!  Her dress was  made of stretchy material and was covered with blue sequins.  Her prom picture with her husband was hilarious!!!!  The party was so well done.  The minute you walked in- you got your prom picture taken with your partner.  It was perfect!  Complete with the white pillars and metallic streamers in the background.  The party was equiped with a DJ, a dance floor, and was catered by this delicious restaurant. 

We had the best time and it was a fantastic reminder to live young!  You are never too old to troll the vintage shops for a hideously perfect costume!  Happy Birthday to my good girl friends!!

2 comments:

saccon00 said...

this. is. AWESOME.

the uffelmans said...

brinn would LOOOOVVVEEE that dress. purple WITH flowers. awesome. looks like you guys had a blast.