Today as I was trying to do one of a million things I needed to do in order to walk out the door, Emily took issue with me.
"Mom, you are so toopid because you are so mean!"
I was startled by this seemingly advanced and rude comment. I looked back at her sternly and said, 'What did you say?"
"I said you are not toopid because you are so awesome."
How did she switch that around so quickly? Isn't she only two and a half years old? Part of me wanted to say
"Great job thinking on your feet like that!" Another part of me wanted to say "
You are grounded for the next sixteen years." Emily is such a dynamically amazing little girl. What do I mean by that? I mean she is a loving, sassy, two-going-on-twelve, beautiful, determined, quick witted, always present in the moment, fun little girl. All these qualities together make up my Emily and I wouldn't change her if I could. Well, maybe I would take the word
toopid out of her vocabulary but I love the challenge of hearing her saying it, correcting her- all the while trying not to laugh.
2 comments:
My godbaby is a genius!
Out of the mouths of Babes...Things are stupid and your are awesome Mommy. Just go with it! Love you Emmy, Nonna
Post a Comment