For all you non-believers, it is true. We adopted a kitty today! Meet Sweetie Pie! The kids are bouncing off the walls with excitement. It has been a long time coming and they have been so wonderfully patient. I was able to contact an agency who adopts out little kittens. Apparently- it is not the kitten season and we have had a hard time finding one. One phone call to the woman letting her know we were interested in adopting a kitty and we had an at home appointment to meet Sweetie Pie.
Ellen Wunder, who has been taking care of Sweetie Pie and her brothers, brought the kitty over to see how she liked us. It was apparent that Sweetie Pie was in heaven with the kids. After an hour of play (and many pathetic looks from my kids letting me know that if I didn't adopt her they would never speak to me again) we let the lady know that we would love to keep her!
The kids were going crazy! It was better than any birthday, Christmas, Disneyland reveal I have ever witnessed. They were just so happy. For months, my kids have talked about naming their future kitty, Kevin. Well, that name flew out the window when they saw how cute she was and they decided to her name before adoption which was Sweetie Pie.
So far, so good! I was nervous to get a pet because I am so busy trying to keep up with my kids already! Sweetie Pie really has been great. She hasn't torn into anything but we have realized that she loves paper. That means unrolling the toilet paper from the roll, finding napkins and paper towels, and loving the newspaper.
Sweetie Pie doesn't bite or scratch, either. And this is saying a lot when you watch Emily pick her up and carry her everywhere. We caught Emily trapping her in her Dora Kitchen already. Should be an exciting ride! One other thing, Sweetie Pie loves to lick Michael's hair. I am guessing she misses her brothers. She probably groomed them from time to time. Looks like Sweetie Pie is Michael's new hair stylist! Sweetie Pie is adorable and I am happy and proud to say that we all love her!
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No way!!! Awesome that you invited a pet into your already busy home. Hope you enjoy her for a long time to come.
we love sweetie pie!!! so glad she just went next door today, she had me worried!!!
Post a Comment