Thursday, September 27, 2012

Claire Turns TEN!!!!!

I seriously can't believe that Clairey is TEN!  Wow.  My little girl is growing up!  Claire was so happy to wake up today and be double digits old!  A new outfit (it was free dress at school), a sausage sandwich from Starbucks, and some fun birthday treats and the day was destined to be awesome!  She had a great birthday at school and loved opening her gifts at home.  She is into The Hunger Games and clothes now so it was fun to shop for her. We shared a birthday dinner at Willow Street Pizza with E, Papa, Mark, Jocelyn, Brennan, Gabe, Heavenly, and Pascale.  We ended her double digit day with funfetti cupcakes with pink frosting, as requested.

Claire is such a wonderful daughter.  I love her personality, I love her sense of humor, I love her sweet face, and I love the fact that she cares so deeply for her siblings and extended family.  Claire loves to be silly and goofy.  I love that!  She isn't worried if she not doing the things that some perceive as cool- she just wants to be herself!  What more could I want from her?  She loves peace signs which is ironic because really, she does keep the peace around here!

Claire is hilarious!  Honestly, she is so funny.  We will be eating dinner and she will just suddenly start talking in a funny voice, and pretend she is talking to someone who isn't there.  Something like, "Isn't that right, Myrtle!"  And then she does that fully body laugh that shows all of her teeth, makes her shoulders bounce up and down, and then throws her head back with such delight!  Oh, my Clairey.

Claire is so responsible!  I always know that Claire is on top of her school work and I know that if I need any help at home, she is there for me.  She loves to play with her siblings and has saved me on many occasions when I just need a break from the kids!  She will play games with them, read them stories, or just hold them while they watch a show.  What would I do without her?

Claire loves her sports!  She loves to play soccer, basketball, and volleyball.  She loves competing and loves to go to practices and games where she can be with her friends!  She loves it all.  She always gives 110% and never gives up.  What a girl!

Claire is ten.  We can't believe it.  She is truly a gift from God.  I remember being pregnant with her and thinking that I wanted her to be a boy.  I thought, "I already have a boy, yep- I'm a boy mom through and through."  And then I remember the doctor announcing that she was A GIRL!  My heart sank and the second I laid eyes on her sweet, chubby face- I knew she was going to be my girl forever.  I could never have dreamed that I would love her so much.  I still love her sweet face.  I will love and kiss on her forever.  Double digits today?  Yes.  My daughter?  Forever.

Happiest of Birthdays Clairey!  We hope that your TENTH year is your best year yet!

2 comments:

the uffelmans said...

she is just the sweetest.

Sheelagh said...

I can't believe she is ten! I look to your family for what is to come in our family and 10 is just wayyyyy too fast!

I love that she is so sweet and silly though. I love that she was happy with funfetti cupcakes and that she is so caring about her family. It's refreshing that she is not growing up too fast or being a snotty girl, etc. This quiets my fears of double digits in my own family. I can see that Clare and Mayzie are similar in many ways.

Happy Birthday to Clare!