Thursday, September 06, 2012

Emily's Bravery Prize

Who doesn't love a good bribe?  Amidst all of the arm breaking, x-raying, and casting talk- I told Emily that if she was super brave, I would take her to get a Bravery Prize!  During the casting process, she really forgot about it. It was only when she woke up the following morning that she told me that we needed to get her a prize.  The image of those sweet sleepy eyes next to her neon cast broke my heart.  I feel so bad that her arm is broken.  I swear- it hurts me more than it hurts her.

Once all the kids were in school, Emily and I headed to the mall to do the 'bravest' shopping ever!  Naturally- she wanted to go shopping in the Disney Store.  What little girl wouldn't?  We looked at a lot of things but nothing seemed 'just right'.  She finally settled on a pair of yellow Minnie Mouse high heels but after a conversation with Damien over the phone, something about broken arm and high heels just didn't match up.  After a tireless search for that perfect Bravery Prize, Emily finally decided on the very safe Minnie Mouse slippers.  She loves them.  In fact- she has been wearing them out and about!  I figure, she might as well get use out of them before she grows out of them!  You were brave Emily and we are so proud of you! You are one of the strongest little girls that we know and we are glad that you have your cast on and now just need to work on healing.  So . . . will you stop climbing, running, dribbling, and falling so your arm can get better?  What's that?  You'll get back to me?  Well, at least that's not a no!

No comments: