Emily could not wait for Saint Emily's Day to get here. To be honest, neither could we. Not only does this special day have spiritual meaning and significance- it also meant that Emily would finally stop talking about it! How many days until St. Emily's Day? Mom, is it St. Emily's day today? It really is so sweet that she was looking forward to her special day. Well, sweet Emily . . . today is your day!
She could hardly wait for the kids to get home from school so she could open her gifts from Grandpa. I caught her sneaking over to the gifts a few times. She tried to peek into the wrapping paper as I walked in the room and shockingly exclaimed, "I am just looking. I'm not peeking. I swear!" Since it is her day, I chose to believe her! (Plus, she has a broken arm which has totally softened me.)
Grandpa was with us via FaceTime which was really cool. He watched as she opened her new Cupcake game, her Barbie bath toy, some princess lipstick, and playdough toys. She was absolutely floored by all her new treats from Grandpa!
While she was in love with her new treats, her anticipation of cake time couldn't hold a candle to her new gifts. See, about a year ago- Grandpa told the kids that on their Saint Days, they could pick out whatever dessert they wanted! It used to be that the kids always got a Baskin and Robbins cake, but times have changed.
Emily has been eyeing this hamburger cake at Safeway for weeks. She was sure this was going to be her Saint cake so we went ahead and pre-ordered the hamburger cake with Saint Emily's Day on the top. Can you imagine the thoughts of the baker that came in early this morning to make cakes? "So you want me to make the hamburger cake with Saint Emily's Day written on top of the sesame seeds?" Only Emily.
Little Miss Emily got her wish. That cake made her smile as wide as I have ever seen her smile. All together we sang Happy Saint Emily's Day to her and you could tell that she was breathing in all the attention and love. Thank you Grandpa for continuing to make my kids feel so special by creating the perfect combination of love, happiness, and faith. Happy Saint Emily's Day, Emmy!!
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment