A little over a year ago, Damien and I went on a fabulous trip to Costa Rica. I can't tell you how often I think back to that trip and how absolutely glorious it was. In fact, as Matthew is tugging on my leg and just spilled my glass of water (seriously) I am sincerely wishing I was back with my husband on the beach bathing in the sun. Oh, memories! Well this year, Damien again qualified for his company's Club Trip to this year's location- Barbados. I am so proud of him and certainly think he earned the trip. I knew that if he did qualify for the trip, I wouldn't go. I have already traveled abroad pregnant once and look how that turned out! Once he got word that he had made the trip, he told me he wasn't going to go. What??? I was seriously appalled! He said he didn't want to go because I couldn't go. While I appreciated the sentiment, I thought that was nonsense! Let's put it this way. If I won a all expense paid trip to an exotic location and he couldn't go, I hope that Damien would want me to go with a friend or family member. I pushed him, supported him and told him that he had to go and that it would be an absolute blast! Thankfully, he came around and got excited for the trip!
His company pays for he and a guest to attend this trip and because I couldn't go- he chose to go with this really great friend Keith. I thought it was a great choice as I knew they would have an absolute blast together! The timing of it was crazy. They had to fly out on the eve of Matthew's birthday which made for one hectic night. Thankfully, they landed safely in Barbados the next day and started their five-day tropical vacation! They had a great itinerary of events to keep them busy. It started with a beach side welcome dinner, followed the next day with a catamaran cruise out in the ocean (complete with massages). Rough life! They also swam with turtles, snorkled, body surfed, boogie boarded, played 18 holes of golf on a gorgeous course, and watched the Superbowl on a movie sized theater screen on the beach. Yes, they had their toes in the sand as they watched the big game! If you're a guy- it really doesn't get much better than that! Well, maybe you would want your wife with you- but you catch my drift!
While he did call home a few times a day, I was happy that he took the time out for himself to relax and enjoy a few days without stress. When he did call, he sounded really happy and that in itself made me happy. I think that sometimes you need to have experiences away from your spouse and kids to just be with your buddies or have some time alone. This last June he supported me 100% to join my Mom and sisters in Vegas and I know I had the time of my life. I think supporting and trusting each other is so important. If I has the choice- I would want to do most everything with Damien. But from time to time, I do like to be with my sisters/Mom. After five fun-filled days, Damien returned home safely and all of us were so happy to see him. My Mom was with me for the majority of the time he was gone so I had someone to keep me company and give me a hand. It was a win-win situation for our family and I am so happy Damien had the chance to see the another part of he world. Now welcome back to reality, Damien. It missed you!
1 comment:
What a good wife you are. I love it!
Post a Comment