Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Busy Valentine

I am bummed right now. As I am catching up on blogging, I realize that somehow- my Valentine pictures of the kids got deleted. I want to blame someone else but I am sure I did it. The crazy thing is that I don't remember doing it! I will just blame it on my fuzzy pregnant brain. They were so adorable dressed up in their pink and red and actually looked really cute in the pictures. Would you know that the only picture I have from Valentine's Day was of me and Damien? I guess it is fitting since our kids wouldn't even be celebrating Valentine's Day if it weren't for us! We had a long and busy Valentine's Day. This picture was taken just before I got up and started getting ready for the marathon day ahead of us.

On Saturday morning, a great group of my former basketball teammates from Santa Clara University and I got together at Hobee's restaurant. It was the perfect place to see one another as we spent many a weekend morning in college eating way too much food and blueberry coffee cake together. A few weeks before the breakfast, one of my friends let me know that it was going to be a baby shower for my friend Linda and me. What? I told her it was silly as I am expecting my fourth baby (which generally doesn't warrant a shower). But she insisted and I gladly showed up for the shower/breakfast feeling both blessed and honored. We had the best time! I wish so much that these wonderful women lived closer to me. However, the nature of a coach recruiting a basketball team is that they recruit talent from all different states and areas. I miss all of them so much and will never forget how our basketball experiences during those four years bonded us forever.

After the shower, we headed to Santa Clara University for the SCU Women's Basketball Alumni Day Event. I was excited to attend this year because there were a lot of people that were going to attend this year that didn't attend in the past few years. We all got to catch up on each other's lives and just enjoy great conversation and some great laughs as we watched the SCU Women take on Loyola Marymount. At halftime, the kids and I walked out to center court with the other alums to be honored for our years dedicated to SCU Women's Basketball. The kids think it is so cool to be out on the court and to be able to wave at the crowd. It makes me very proud to be able to give them this thrill and share a little of my past with them. At halftime, Melissa King- who was a point guard at SCU before my time was the first women to get her jersey honored and raised to the rafters. It was really cool to see her get this honor because she genuinely deserves it. It was a fabulous day!

Valentine's evening, Damien and I got a babysitter to watch the kids so we could go out and enjoy a delicious dinner together. We really had a nice night and it was a great chance to reflect on the love we share together and to see what it has created. We have three beautiful children and another on the way. I seriously can say that I love Damien as much as I did the day I met him. We have worked very hard to make our relationship the best it can be and value each other as both as a spouse and a friend. I am so thankful this year for all the love in my life. I am surrounded by loving family and friends who make my life so blessed and exceptional. I truly am a lucky woman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you look absolutely gorgeous in that pic of you and damien! curl your hair more often you hot mamma!