In Michael's first grade class, they were asked to write a paragraph in class about what they would do if they were president. Michael hadn't told me that they had written this but I am used to it because finding out what happened in class from Michael is as easy as pulling teeth! When I looked in his folder and read what he would do as president, I was really touched.It reads:
"If I were president, I would take care of my country. I would help my country by giving them food. It would be fresh fruit. I would help sick people. I would give them medicine. I would give my country more protection. I would send army people. I think I would be a good president."
Being a parent is an interesting balance of trying to teach your children the right things to do in life coupled with the reality of dealing with the decisions they make when you are not around. I have no control over what Michael does at school but I sincerely hope (as most parents do) that he will live and choose his path according to what we have worked so hard to teach him. I really liked what he wrote. First graders are still working hard to understand so many complex concepts in the world that you never know what they are going to say! I liked that Michael's paragraph showed sensitivity to the people and world around him. I especially like the part about 'fresh fruit'. I love that they did this assignment and it is definitely a keeper. He will get a real kick out of it one day!
1 comment:
I would like some fresh fruit! :) This is adorable! I love that you post school work...my favorite!
Post a Comment