Wednesday, March 25, 2009
So Touched
I knew yesterday was going to be an emotional day for me- but what I wasn't ready for was the outpouring of support, love, and encouragement from my family and friends. The emails, the comments on my blog post, the phone calls, and the well wishes on facebook were so incredible and I thank each and every one of you who took time out of your day to let me know you were thinking about me. I appreciate every one of you who has taken the time to listen, to be of support and give me strength to get through this long emotional journey. Thank you, thank you. I feel truly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's because you are an awesome person and we love you!!!
I think it is very apropos that you are giving thanks to your family and friends on March 25th, the Feast of the Annunciation. This is the day when the angel came to Mary to tell her that she was going to have a baby and that she should name him Jesus.
This is the day we celebrate when Jesus' life began. Not the day he was born but the day he was begotten by the Holy Spirit and began his journey in the womb towards childbirth.
Can you imagine how St. Joseph must have felt when he received this news of what he must have considered "an unwanted pregnancy" because he knew that he was not the father. He could have walked away and divorced her quietly as it says in the Bible. Still he had the courage to suck it up in the midst of his embarassment and humiliation and do what Gid asked of him.
We look at your incredible pregnancy with Michael and how hard you and Damien fought for your little guy - how you tried your best to prolong your pregnancy and give him the time he so desperately needed to have a chance at life.
And then your pregnancy with Claire - lying on your back day after day - showed all of us your tenacity to do whatever it took to provide her with her chance.
You, of all people, because of your condition, have a deep appreciation of every facet of pregnancy, disecting it into its mainy parts. You have grown to appreciate each passing week and each milestone.
I hope by your shining example you are able to show the way to just one woman who has that "unwanted pregnancy". So that she, like St. Joseph, will have the courage to go through with it and do what God wants her to do.
I love you, Lisa, for being such a great mother to my wonderful grandchildren and for sharing your stopry with others.
Dad.
Post a Comment