Monday, March 30, 2009

Tooth #3 for Michael

When I was a kid, I used to love it when my teeth were loose. I would spend hours wiggling them and loved the challenge on trying to get them out (oh- and I liked the money from the tooth fairy)! This is something that Michael absolutely did not inherit from me. Michael's top left tooth has been loose for months now. Over the months and weeks, it has gotten ridiculously loose but he refuses to let us get in there to take a look at it or pull it out. He complains that he can't eat (I don't blame him) but won't get the darned thing out of there so we can all get some peace around the situation!

Tonight we could actually see the tooth hanging on by a thread and tried desperately to convince him to let us pull it out! No cigar. Finally, I cornered him and likened the 'tooth pulling' experience to that of getting a shot. I told him that the more he worried the worse it would be in the end. If he just let Daddy pull it out- it would all be over and he wouldn't have to worry about the tooth again! I said, 'Just go over to Dad and say that you don't want to talk about it- you just want him to pull it out!' I was as shocked as ever when he went along with my plan and got Damien and told him to pull it out without talking. It was one big tug and the little tooth that lived in Michael's mouth for almost eight years was out! He was so happy! Claire was happy for him too, as she was a bit anxious that the extraction would hurt her brother! Matthew was just confused and kept asking to look at the now vacant spot in Michael's mouth. I think he thought it was magic or something.

I think it is safe to say that we were all relieved to see that the pesky tooth was out! It was even cooler because my Mom was here to witness all of the excitement! Claire quickly pointed out to Michael that now they were tied in 'Tooth Losing' which is apparently a competitive thing between them. The score is now 3-3. If I know Claire, she is going to go to some extreme length to lose one of her other teeth because she likes to one up her brother. So stay tuned. This could get interesting!!!

5 comments:

John said...

i was like you - pulled all my own teeth as a kid. as soon as one felt even slightly loose i'd work it until it was out. fun stuff. :-)

Danielle said...

Too funny! Good job Michael! Now, who will be next...race is on ;-)

NAN said...

Finally! That thing has been ready to come out for months! Good Job Mikemannnnn.

Sheelagh said...

How old are they? I can't remember when teeth will start falling out over here!

Lisa Swendsen said...

Michael will be 8 in a week, Claire is 6 1/2, and Matthew is 2 years 2 months. All my kids were late teethers and tooth losers.