
Oh, man. Another month has passed! This chubby beauty is now nine months old! That's three quarters of a year, an entire pregnancy worth of life, which means she is well on her way to being a one year old!!! Part of me cheers on this great accomplishment because it means that as a family, we are growing a bit older which makes life on the whole a lot easier. Another part of me is a bit sad because this means she is only getting bigger and that small, more feeble Emily is merely a memory now. I have thrown my hands up a bit when it comes to burying myself in sorrow over the rapid growth of my kids. I try and focus on the fact that I give 100% to them- eating and breathing every single experience that I can. I stay at home with them, I am present, I try and keep their life as family focused as possible and make sure they are happy and confident in themselves. If I try and fight their growth, I will only waste precious time. I have to accept that time is passing and instead of fighting against it, I want to grow with them. Because heck- I am not getting younger, either!

Emily is a healthy and happy nine month old. At her check-up she weighed in at 23 pounds 13 ounces (105%) and was 29 inches tall (90%). She is almost exactly the same size Claire and Matthew were at this age! In the last week of her ninth month, she started scooting. I imagine that any day now this little baby girl will be on the move and into more trouble than I can imagine! Emily LOVES to eat and is really feeling quite proud and a little cocky at mealtimes. She loves that I give her some of what we are eating and she eats it in a way that lets us all know that she got what she wanted! I am still giving her baby food mixed with oatmeal twice a day but she is loving being table fed. She still only has two teeth but she manages to eat almost everything! And how is she sleeping? Let's not even go there!

Emily's personality continues to develop and what a character she is! If you laugh at her, she will laugh back. If you grunt at her, she will grunt back. She is babbling like crazy, too. Ba-ba, ma-ma, ta-ta, ooohs, aaaahhs, are a few things we hear from her. She recognizes people's names now. It is cute to say, 'Where is Daddy?' and watch her search the entire room for him and give him a huge smile when she finds him! She is a really smiley baby. Emily is just so happy and content most of the time and she is just a real pleasure to be around. She is quite strong- this little one! (Does that sentence sound
Star Warsey? Not my intention!) She loves to smack and grab faces. She loves to put her hand in your mouth (weird, I know) when she is trying to calm down and go to bed. Most babies rub their eyes when they are tired, but Emily likes to rub her ears. She is very tactile and loves to feel and grab everything. Did I mention she puts EVERYTHING in her mouth? I am going to go out there and say that she is going to be my craziest child yet. Not in a crazy/nutso kind of way, but the biggest risk taker and ball full of energy. We'll see if this happens!

Emily is doing great. She is learning so much, so fast. We know mobility is on the way for her and our lives will change for sure! She is so in love with her siblings and there is no doubt that their mobility and ability to do things is a huge motivator for her! We love Emily. Every last chubby roll of her! We are so thrilled that she is so healthy and once again thank God for blessing us with her. Happy 9 Months Emmy!
1 comment:
Myyyy Emiyini! Her eyes are so beautiful. :)
Post a Comment