Monday, March 01, 2010

2 Peas in a Pod

There is something special about the relationship between Claire and Matthew. He just loves her, she can't help but be nurturing to him. It is really sweet. Matthew brings Claire books when she gets home from school and most of the time- she just happily reads to him. They do a lot of imaginary play together. I think they work because Claire loves to play the Mom/Caretaker/Helper role and Matthew happily obliges because he likes being taken care of. Matthew's dynamic with Michael is great, just very different. They play swords, soccer, baseball, wrestle, and are just rough with each other. Claire and Matthew focus more on the fun, non-competitive things in life and it really seems to work for them. Plus Matthew is game for just about anything which often leads him to playing Littlest Pet Shop or finding himself in a Disney Princess dress (a la Claire)! Once Claire gets home, I can hear Matthew yell, "Cwaire!" over and over until he gets her attention. I hope they continue to stay close and it will be fun to see if she still feels the need to take care of him as they grow older!

***Gotta love that Michael was able to get an eyeball in this picture!

1 comment:

Sheelagh said...

I LOVE this cute relationship they have! I often hope for this same relationship between my big sister girls and their little brother. How sweet!!!