
These guys are too cute. Too bad I don't get more pictures of them together. They really are at different places in their lives right now. Although Michael is a great big brother to Matthew and they love each other very much, Michael is really wanting independence in his life. Because of this- they really don't hang out too much these days. It is getting a little better since the weather is nice. Matthew will go out and play baseball, basketball, and soccer with Michael so I am hoping by the end of the summer- they will be tighter and have more in common. I love that I have two boys and two girls. They both have a friend for life and I couldn't thank God enough for that. Despite the even gender split- Michael plays a lot with Claire and Matthew plays a lot with Claire. Claire's age is right in the middle of the boys and they both love to play with her in different ways and for different reasons. She can play up with Michael and play down with Matthew. For the moment- she is willing to do both and loves the attention she gets from them.

Michael is out in the backyard all of the time. When he isn't there- he is playing his Nintendo
DS or asking me or Damien to play with him. Because Matthew isn't on Michael's radar right now, I doesn't necessarily think of them as a twosome. I think of Claire and Emily as a little set because Claire is so interested in Emily and their future life together as sisters. Michael loves Matthew a lot but they have a little ways to go before they are joined at the hip. I do like to think of the future where they pal around together- getting into lots of trouble, I am sure! I know the time will come where Michael will need Matthew to back him up or Matthew will need his big brother for protection or good advice. There is a HUGE difference between the ages of 8 and 3 and I know that with time- the 5 1/2 year gap will only get smaller and mean less in terms of maturity. Oh, Brother. These two will have a great life with one another and are so lucky to have each other.
1 comment:
Some day they will be getting into lots of fun (and trouble) together. You may look back longingly at this post :-) I have a feeling I am destin for all boys...time will tell.
Post a Comment