
For a while now, Damien has been saying that he wanted to have a picture taken of him while holding all four of the kids. I thought it was a great idea! The problem is we loved the idea but kept putting off the picture- which is a problem with our fast growing babies! Well, today we attempted it and it was hysterical! First he got Claire in one arm and I handed Michael to him in the other. I then stuck Emily somewhere in the middle of them and made sure she was secure. Then I flopped Matthew half way on Claire and I stepped back as quickly as I could to take a picture! It was so hard because it was so funny!!! They were all screaming with discomfort and wiggling around trying to find leverage and it was awesome. I think I managed to get four
pictures before I feared for Emily's life and rescued her. It was a lot harder than we had originally thought but Damien managed to do it!! Success!

A few minutes afterwards, Damien and I realized that this was probably the last time he could hold all of them at the same time. They are all growing up so fast and time is flying by. Even though the picture presents itself as some kind of silly challenge- I think it represents so much more. Damien is such a great dad. Seriously- he is a GREAT dad. He is able to juggle so much and still be a significantly strong and positive light in their lives. I couldn't be prouder of him. I LOVE this picture and hope to always remember the wonderful chaos that surrounded this priceless moment in time.
3 comments:
Seriously! You guys are my heroes! Damien is the MAN! When I hold two of my small kids, I'm impressed with myself, and they are only as old as 4.5 at the biggest, weighing in at 33ish lbs!
Damien is amazing! You have to be some kind of strong to juggle THAT many kids at one time, especially with those older/bigger kids, and all that wiggling!!!!
Emily looks so happy :-) Seriously, this is an awesome picture. You will definitely look back on it fondly.
to die for. love them!!
Post a Comment