
I know we just got away for a few nights in Jamaica- but it is surprising how quickly we needed another night away! A great friend of mine at Santa Clara University invited Damien and me to be their guests at Golden Circle. I have mentioned on this blog before that it is a Black Tie event with pretty big time entertainment, a gorgeous dinner, with dancing late into the night. It is so much fun and it is even better that it benefits the University in such a big way! Around two thousand people attend the big party at the Fairmont hotel and it is exciting to see so many people dressed up and ready to have a great time! This year, they booked
Huey Lewis and the News (Damien was so excited to see them) for the entertainment but we were surprised to hear just two days before the event that he had to cancel. Luckily, they were able to secure
The Pointer Sisters (Damien was
not so excited to see them)! Ali and Heather offered to watch the kids overnight so Damien and I headed just ten minutes away to the Fairmont Hotel for a full day of kid-less fun!

I thought the show was great! I recognized a lot of
The Pointer Sister's songs and really thought they were talented! They have been performing for so long and I had a lot of respect for them. Damien, on the other hand, went to the bathroom mid-show and didn't come back for about twenty-five minutes. I think he thought they were a little too 'nails on a chalkboard' for him. After the show, we dined with friends and saw so many wonderful people from Santa Clara University. We really feel Santa Clara is a family we can always go back to. We have a lot of pride in the school (since we both went there and
met there) and love supporting it when we can. We danced well into the night and just had an absolute blast. Of course, I loved seeing Damien in a tuxedo and I felt good in the dress I had bought at Macy's earlier in the day (nothing like the last minute). We settled into our hotel room for a night of uninterrupted sleep and it was amazing! I am so grateful we got to go to Golden Circle and would love to be able to have more friends join us in the future!!!
1 comment:
You guys look so damn cute! You both look young and fab!
Post a Comment