Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"These Ducks Bite!"

I found myself with some time at my Mom's and thought that I should venture out with the kids!  I stopped by the store and bought a bag of Goldfish crackers so that we could take them down to the beach and feed the ducks.  It was a tricky balancing act.  Trying to give the kids crackers while keeping Emily from running into the water.  If you know Emily and all that she is capable of, it would not surprise you that I was sweating within the first five minutes of being there!

The day was beautiful.  I love it down in the marina in Kirkland.  I have so many memories of my own childhood at this beach- so bringing my own kids here is truly a full circle moment.  Once the ducks figured out that we had food, they were at our beck and call.  Trouble was that they were a bit aggressive.  This was brought to my attention when I heard my sweet Matthew yell, 'These Ducks Bite!"  Apparently, it didn't hurt because soon, the kids were trying to get bitten by their new feathered friends.  For a moment, I thought I should stop this madness but truthfully, it was hilarious!

Damien was in Vancouver, Canada for the day for work and Michael wanted to make sure he wasn't left out.  He made a video for Damien.  It starts with Michael showing the food in his hand and then Michael looks at the camera and says, 'Dad, this is for you!'    Then he feeds the duck, gets bitten, screams, then laughs.  It was classic.

Emily managed to stay dry the whole trip, we probably over fed the ducks and left them with tummy aches, but we had a blast! 

2 comments:

LSacco said...

Those ducks were full of quackers. Love all the pictures of my adorable grandchildren enjoying the beach.

the uffelmans said...

dirty ducks. that is what we call them. :)