I have been wanting to bake Christmas cookies for the last several years and just have not had the chance. Call it poor planning, call it being overwhelmed by the season, call it lack of motivation- I just didn't get it done. But this year, however- I planned ahead and set aside a whole afternoon to bake!
Claire saw me setting up and begged me to let her help me bake. And then there were two bakers! Emily noticed we were baking and she made it three! The boys just asked when the cookies would be ready and if we had nonfat milk in the house. To their credit, they did put some sprinkles on the spritz cookies.
We attacked one kind of cookie at a time until we were all finished! A short six hours later and we had made Chocolate Dipped Biscotti, Spritz Cookies, Peanut Butter Blossoms, and Chocolate Snow Drops (which Damien wants me to rename Reindeer Droppings).
I loved baking with my little helpers. While it took an entire afternoon- I was so happy to bring cookies to neighbors, two Christmas parties, and fill the cute bellies of my babies.
Sunday, December 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment