Monday, December 31, 2012

Damien's 37th Birthday!

Well, we made it back in time to clean up the house from the crazy Christmas wrapping paper explosion, unpack the suitcases from our trip, gather all the new toys and gadgets, and have it looking nice for Damien's family to arrive for Damien's birthday party today!  Oh, and I made Damien a cake.  (I swear- sometimes I think I deserve some kind of medal.)  Yes, I just bragged about myself.  Enjoy it.  I don't do it often.

We kept the gifts to a minimum but the kids did manage to gift Damien with an awesome new 49er's chair!  We started off the morning with a delicious breakfast and then welcomed Damien's family as they trickled in from their own busy schedules!

The theme, if you will, for his birthday was a day full of Damien's Favorites!  One of the big surprises for Damien was his lunch.  Over the past year, Damien has been talking about this amazing pizza he got in Chicago from Lou Malnati's.  It's this deep dish pie that is apparently to die for.  I checked their website and they ship their pies overnight uncooked on dry ice.  While we were in Kirkland, I had them delivered to our neighbor Sam's house who lovingly stored them in his freezer until our return!

Damien was beyond surprised which was just what I was going for.  Turns out Lou Malnati's pizza is really, really good!  We paired this pizza with Damien's other favorite meal, Cluck U's atomic chicken breast tenders.  On the side, as if we weren't stuffed full with enough calories, were homemade chocolate banana milkshakes (another one of Damien's favorites).  Damien's tummy was super happy.  Many thanks to Claire and Lani who made the awesome milkshakes!

We finished off the party with Damien's favorite cake which is Nana's yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  Damien received a lot of awesome gifts from his family and his Mom made a big gift full of all of his favorite things!  I will have to talk to her about the 400 piece tub of Bazooka Bubble Gum.  My kids are going to go nuts!!!  And in turn- so will I.  Love you, Marlene!

Happiest of Birthdays to my amazing hubby.  I love you more and more each and every year.  I truly hope that we will be sitting together in our 90s reflecting on this long, crazy, colorful life we lived . . . together.  And even then- I'd love to share a slice of Lou Malnati's and split a milkshake.  You can have the cherry.  I love you and Happy Birthday!!





No comments: