Saturday, December 09, 2006

29 Weeks

Yeah! 29 weeks and still at home. As I left my doctor's appointment last Monday, she said, "Have a boring week!". In other words, she hoped my week would be uneventful and not hear from me until my next appointment. Well, I made it another week and find myself feeling accomplished but overwhelmed at the same time. Part of this 'pregnancy amnesia' I talk about is forgetting how incredibly long pregnancy is. For instance, I have been pregnant since May. May! It seems extra long because what keeps me sane is exercise and I haven't taken a walk since week 10. Playing sports, going for a run, getting out in the fresh air is my kind of medicine for keeping me happy and well adjusted. I have found ways of coping with this 'cabin fever' but I am so looking forward to being able to move again!

With Claire, I gained a lot of weight. Of course, a lot of it was from being on bedrest in the hospital, but I was able to lose it all and feel good again. Much of the same will be true with this pregnancy too. Sure, I am not in the hospital, but I don't move! If we go to the mall or leave the house, I am in the wheelchair. So I am trying to embrace it all and stay positive. Today, after my parents left, I was able to go to my nephew's birthday party and it was great to get out of the house. It was nice to get some perspective and realize that at 29 weeks, I may be on partial bedrest, but I still have a life (which wasn't true in the hospital with Claire's pregnancy).

I feel good today and am so anxious to get to 30 weeks which will be HUGE for us! At this point in the pregnancy, the baby is approximately 16 inches long and about 3 pounds. While this isn't a point where I would be okay with having the baby, it is a great place to be for the moment. Each day, the baby is growing bigger and getting stronger. It gives me great strength and motivation to know that with each passing day, I am getting closer to meeting this little baby who hiccups and kicks me all day long.

No comments: