Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Staying Consistent

I went to the doctor yesterday and was a bit nervous because my doctor was out for the week and I had to see a different doctor. Would their observations be the same? Would she know what was going on with me? We waited a full 2 hours to be seen (who would think the OBGYN waiting room would be full the day after Christmas?).

My doctor is very even tempered and soft spoken. When the new doctor came in, she couldn't have been more different! The one thing that I did know about the replacement doctor is that she was a good doctor. She started her exam and I was trying not to worry about the quick and non-gentle approach she was taking. I kept thinking, "Doesn't she know how fragile I am? That my doctor is so careful to gentle and not disturb anything?". But apparently, she knows that you don't need to be too gentle because I survived it without a problem. My cervix measured long and the stitches are still holding (yeah!). The baby looked good and as quickly as she came in, she was gone. Damien and I then looked at each other, confident in her diagnosis, and laughed for a second. Talk about 'Wham Bam Thank You Maam'! I made some more appointments and Damien and I went out for some lunch. We had dropped the kids off at Damien's parents hotel so we had some quiet time afterward.

This doctor was very hopeful about my situation. She said things look great and I should be able to get through the pregnancy to a great place. My doctor doesn't give me too much hope, and it is smart of her, because I know as well as anyone that one day things look great and the next day can be a whole different story. So here's to more modified bedrest, good holiday TV, and the hope that we get to 32 weeks without a hitch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats lisa. that's awesome. as joe dirt always says, you gotta keep on keepin on. LOVE YOU.