Saturday, December 23, 2006

31 Weeks

(Picture of Natalie with the kids)

This week flew by. Maybe it was because my little sister, Natalie, was here helping us out for the week (which was awesome!). Maybe it was because of the Christmas rush. What I suspect is that there was so much anticipation for me to be 30 weeks that while we were taking a deep breath, 31 crept in. I am so thankful to be 31 weeks along. Just one more week until I hit the doctor's goal of 32 weeks. Babies born at 32 weeks generally don't have any developmental delays. They baby would be approximately 4 lbs. and relatively healthy.

If I do make it to 32 weeks, my ultimate goal would be 35 weeks. At that point if I were to go into labor, they would most likely not stop it and let nature take it's course. 35 weeks was the point in which I was released from bedrest and the hospital with Claire and they took me off all preventative medication. I am still anxious and a bit nervous about having this baby early, but have faith in the doctors and professionals helping to oversee this pregnancy.

As 2006 is rapidly coming to a close, I keep reflecting on the long road I have travelled to get this far in the pregnancy. My hope and prayer would be to have a 2007 baby and I will continue to be as vigilant and dedicated to bedrest and staying pregnant as I can be. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

No comments: