I had an ultrasound appointment today for my 19 week check up. While I felt good, the irrational side of me worried (as usual) that there was going to be a big change in my cervical length that would turn my life upside down. However, my more rational thoughts prevailed and things are looking good. My cervix stayed the same length as two weeks ago at 3.95 cm and I won't have to go in for another ultrasound until 21 weeks. After 21 weeks, it will be every week that I get an ultrasound as we will be on 'Bedrest Watch 2009'.
I feel great. Seriously- great. I realized today that so far- this is my only semi-predictable pregnancy. (Don't worry, I have been through too much to completely let down my guard.) With Michael's pregnancy, things went horribly wrong. It was nowhere near what I had expected. With Claire's pregnancy they told me that most likely I would carry full-term and that Michael's early birth was a fluke. Hmmm. Yeah. Wasn't expecting all the drama with Claire's pregnancy either. With Matthew's pregnancy, I was hopeful that things would be better but we'd have to see how my body responded to the cerclage. In the end- the cerclage was a life saver and allowed me to stay out of the hospital until Matthew was born. So here I am with pregnancy #4 and I actually have a fairly decent shot of repeating a previous pregnancy! Go figure! I am still guarded and fairly prepared if something does go wrong. I have had that 'Oh No!' moment too many times to just think it might not happen again. Basically, I am trying to enjoy this pregnancy. I am relishing the quiet moments with this happy, healthy baby kicking away in my tummy and trying my hardest to enjoy these precious moments. We'll have to wait and see what the future holds for this little baby. But in the meantime, I am going to continue to do my best to protect this precious life and do all I can to keep the baby safe.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Keep your positive thoughts up. You and the little baby are in my thoughts and prayers.
That is so awesome Lisa! You deserve a less stressful pregnancy. You look great and I'm glad you are feeling the same!
Post a Comment