
Claire didn't have school today so I was planning on just dropping Michael off at school and coming home. Claire wasn't so sure of my plan and said, "Maybe we could go out to breakfast and just talk about stuff. You know about school, gymnastics, the baby?" I thought it was a great idea and I also thought it would be a great time to bond and catch up! She was up earlier than if she was going to school and dressed in her 'non-uniform'. She was really looking forward breakfast and her enthusiasm spurred me to get excited, too.

We went to this great restaurant named
Bill's right in downtown Willow Glen and had a great time. Matthew thought he was really cool because he didn't have to sit in a highchair. He wanted his own menu to read (albeit upside down) and decided he wanted eggs and sausage which are his breakfast favorites. Claire opted for french toast and some yummy hot chocolate while Mommy ordered oatmeal. What was so funny was that when the waiter came to take our order, Matthew looked up at him at just the right time and said, "
Eggy please". I didn't prep him to say that and both Claire and I got a good laugh from it. When he brought our food, the waiter handed out
everyone's meal and when he gave Matthew his, he said "And here is your
eggy!". It was really funny. Just a change in
environment made it possible for Claire and I to talk about a lot of things. She is such a special little girl and such a help to me. While I didn't plan on going out to eat that morning, I am so happy Claire suggested it because it was just what we needed!
2 comments:
That's awesome. What a special morning. I do look forward to moments like that.
What a good idea Claire! It's so cute that she had that idea, it's so fun to see your kids grow into little people.
Post a Comment