Tuesday, March 31, 2009

26 Weeks

Yeah, yeah, yeah! We got a good report again and I am just beyond thrilled. My Mom, Damien, and Matthew were with me and it was a great appointment all around. After many weeks of admiring the baby's spine (that is all that the baby would show us)- we finally got to see the face and the baby put on a show! Baby Choo Choo flipped head down this week and let us see his/her face and those cute chubby cheeks! The baby was really moving around today and my Mom was so touched and amazed to see her little grandchild in action. My cervix measured 4.1 cm this week which is fantastic and the cerclage is still holding. These days, that it all we are hoping for. Something that was new this week was the Fetal Fibronectin test. This test is a predictor for premature labor within two weeks and I am thrilled to report that my results were negative. The test is repeated every two weeks until I am about 35 weeks. I took these tests with Matthew and got a negative every time and I can only hope for the same this time around. I will go back in on Thursday to take the three hour glucose test and hope to get good results from that too.

I am so happy to be in such good shape and am truly enjoying the journey with this little baby. It was even more special to have my Mom here for my appointment so that she could see this baby in action! I got really excited to be able to see the baby's face this week. I could see the eyes, the face shape, and those cheeks. Who are you? How will you change our lives? We can't wait to meet you little baby. Only ten more weeks to go. Hang in there and grow, grow, grow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! Awesome news! You're really getting to be a pro at this...are you sure you're done after 4? ;) I drink the fabulous glucose cocktail in 2 weeks...cheers! :)

Danielle said...

Yahoo!! This is fantastic news. I can't believe you're already 26 weeks. I'm so glad your mom got to be there to see her newest grandbaby, how exciting!

Sheelagh said...

Congrats! What great news and what a nice view of the baby too. I'm going to say, for the record, the I think she's a girl. And with that said, I can also say that I think she's adorable!!! Look at those chubby cheeks! I can't wait to hear more....