Tuesday, May 05, 2009

31 Weeks

Great news again from the 'What the heck is happening here?' news front. Still in shock and yes, still not on bedrest. I am throwing my hands up and saying thank you to God for this amazing news. I am getting used to this 'good news' stuff! It feels good!! My exam was great again this week and my cervix measured anywhere from 3.5 cm at the longest possible point to 2.7 cm at the shortest possible point. That top stitch is holding the whole thing together. The baby's head is just sitting on it but it continues to hold. My doctor told me that when she did the cerclage surgery back at thirteen weeks, she was really aggressive with the placement of the stitch. After placing what she considered a good stitch with Matthew's pregnancy and after my body basically laughed at it and said, 'That's all you got?' she knew that this time she would have get a better, deeper placement of the cerclage. Well, it is working and I am so pleased!

Next week, we will schedule the cerclage for 36 weeks and also repeat the Ffn test to see if labor is imminent. I will also take the Group B Strep culture and my weekly dose of progesterone. My doctor let me know that I will only get ultrasounds for the next few appointments and then we won't need to do them anymore. She will just do a digital check of the cervix (with her hand) to see if things are holding. I can't believe that I am getting so close to the end of this pregnancy. It has been emotionally exhausting but so rewarding. How fitting that my last pregnancy has blessed me so much with good health and luck! I just hope the trend continues.

1 comment:

Sheelagh said...

I'm so happy for yo! Things are going so well!!! I'm so excited to "meet" this new baby!