
Last year for Father's Day, I came up with a great idea for a gift the kids could each give to Damien. I took them to Safeway and let them pick out a gift card to a restaurant where they wanted to go with their Dad- just the two of them. It was a HUGE success because the kids had such a good time orchestrating a night out with their Dad! Well, for Mother's Day this year, Damien copied the idea and the kids got me gift cards for a night out together. Tonight, Claire and I got to go out and have what she called '
A Girls Only Night'. She got me a gift card to California Pizza Kitchen because she knows I love pizza. Smart girl! The two of us went on our way- ready for some bonding time. Claire had laid out her outfit earlier in the morning so that when she got home- she could take off her uniform and put it on. It was really sweet. She wore a dress I got her a few weeks back that she wears all of the time. She has so much pink in her closet that I thought getting her a brown dress would help her branch out a bit. Well, surprisingly- she loves it more than I could have ever imagined! She even found flip-flops at Target that match!

We had to wait a few minutes to be seated which wasn't a big deal to me but made Claire go crazy because she was so excited to sit down with me. Once seated in our own booth, she began to tell me all about school, life, and many other treasures that were just priceless. We talked about the baby and how excited she was. We talked about her brothers and how she is doing in school and in gymnastics. She just rambled off uninterrupted and told me so much about what is going on with her. I had the best time with Claire and was so happy that we were able to make our special dinner our very own. We even went to The Children's Place afterwards where I let her pick out a cute new tshirt. She thought it would be only fair if we got one for her brothers, too so she picked them out new shirts. All of their tshirts were only $5 a piece so it was a win-win situation!!! I had a wonderful night with my Clairey and was reminded of what a true gift she is to me. So is so sweet, so thoughtful, so insightful, so aware of the world around her and being out with her made me so happy that I am her Mommy. See- the whole Mother's Day gift card idea really works. I love you Clairey! Thanks for dinner!
3 comments:
that's a PHENOMENAL idea! we may have to copy it. :)
I LOVE that idea and can't wait to implement it! What a sweet night you girls had!
I am learning a lot of great ideas from you guys. I love the fun things your family does together and will most definitely have to steal this and many other great family fun gifts, activities, and celebration ideas from you. Thank you for sharing your life!
Post a Comment