Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mommy, Baby, and Claire

My kids love to draw. I have a large plastic Folgers coffee container that over the years I have loaded with crayons. I did away with the flimsy cardboard boxes crayons come in- and instead used this container as the 'keeper of all crayons'. I swear- I take that thing down at least once a day to give to one of the kids so that they can draw. I also have a giant package of construction paper in one of my kitchen drawers where they can easily get to it and voila- they can draw without my help! Claire is probably my most frequent drawer and draws us such beautiful pictures and also makes lists galore! The other day she taped this picture to my bedroom door and I just love it. I think it is so cute when they draw a picture of me pregnant. I love the different ways they draw 'the belly' or the baby and I thought this picture was a cute interpretation of that. Michael and Claire are really into drawing things more in scale these days. There is always a discrepancy in our heights and careful attention to people's hair/eye color. Claire was very proud of her picture and I love it very much. Soon, this picture will be a thing of the past as she will soon draw a picture of her little brother or little sister on the outside of my belly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is your head getting smaller in that picture??