Tuesday, May 26, 2009

34 Weeks

We had another great week! I am still not on official bedrest but really taking it easy (i.e. I feel like a prisoner in my own home but at least I can walk around). I basically only get out to take the kids to school in the morning. I drive to the school- don't get out of the car when I drop them off and then drive home with Matthew and watch a movie. Sounds fun, huh! This is why I have to laugh when someone tells me that I am having a 'normal' pregnancy. I get what they are trying to say (that this is the best pregnancy outcome that I could have) but my life over the past eight months has been nothing close to normal! During my appointment, my doctor was thrilled that my cervix was still measuring 2.5 cm. It was a .5 cm decrease in length but she expects that now that the baby is getting much bigger. I was also more dilated this week which is okay but another reason I have to take it easy! One great piece of news is that I got my very last shot of progesterone today! Hallelujah! The shot is pretty painful but it is the surge of a week's worth of hormones that I am happy to be done dealing with! She did do an ultrasound just to check the length of my cervix but that is the very last ultrasound I will have. Goodbye ultrasounds! We are so thrilled to be where we are in the pregnancy and getting so close to the end where we get to meet our sweet baby!

The only drama we had this week was on Saturday when I thought that I might have lost part of my mucous plug (sorry it this grosses anyone out!). I noticed it in the morning and then again at 8pm that night and knew that if I called the on-call doctor, they would make me go in to labor and delivery. Sure enough when I told the doctor my past history, that I had a cerclage in place, that I was only 33.5 weeks and I saw what I saw- she made me go in to the hospital. But better safe than sorry, right. We spent about three hours in the hospital getting monitored and getting my cervix checked before they gave us the okay to leave. We got home about midnight and were so relieved that Heather, my sister-in-law, was able to come and stay here while we went into the hospital. We were so thankful that everything was okay and that I still got to come home and be with my family instead of being admitted to the hospital for the remainder of the pregnancy. Whew! We are all doing great. We've been dealing with a lot of things around here lately but have come together and gotten through things stronger than when we started. We are all happy, healthy, and enjoying these last precious days where it is quiet at night and we actually get some decent sleep. Only 2.5 weeks until I get the cerclage out and then wait to see what happens. Life is good and our family is happy and strong. What more could we ask for?

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Phew! What a scare but I'm so glad it wasn't "it". I know it's hard to take it easy the next couple of weeks but soon you'll be wishing you could come home with Matthew and watch a movie!

Sheelagh said...

You are amazing and continue to be an inspiration to me. Good luck and enjoy your sleep and rest. God bless you and your family, especially the little one.

Julie Dunn said...

Glad to hear you are doing well and you didn't have to stay in the hospital. We are cheering you on!