Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sisterhood

Oh, these girls. They slay me. Claire waited so long and patiently for her little sister and it just makes me so happy to see Claire so happy! Whenever Claire can get Emily in her loving hands- she does. They are just so sweet together. Having grown up with four sisters of my own, I longed so badly for Claire to share in this sisterhood. And while I would've been okay if I had given birth to a boy instead of a girl, the breath I exhaled as Damien yelled, 'It's a Girl!' was largely due to my secret desire for Claire to have a sister. Just look at them! I can't imagine it any other way!

Claire is so maternal. I have no doubt that she will make a phenomenal mother some day. Her children will be so incredibly blessed to have her in their lives. She takes such great care of her siblings. It just makes me so proud. And let's not forget about what a wonderful role model Claire is for Emily! Clairey loves dressing like Emily and she loves that Emily just adores her. She shows her baby off to our family and friends whenever she can and you can just tell that deep in her bones- she feels for her baby sister. I know that some day- they will clash with each other. Yet, I have no doubt that in the future they will be each other's rock. I only hope she can feel the same way for Emily as I do about Jill, Gina, Laura, and Natalie. As sisters- you do go through a lot of ups and downs together. However, I wouldn't be who I am today without such amazing sisters who make me feel important, worthy of so much, and beautiful on the inside and out. Here's sending love to all of you sisters out there. You know who you are!

2 comments:

Sheelagh said...

They are sooo cute! What sweet sisters! I LOVE your family! ;-)

Brook said...

Gotta love the sisters, hopefully I will have a couple little girls of my own some day :-)