Thursday, September 29, 2011

Blue Punch Bug!!!

Our kids are competitive.  Hands down.  No excuses.  It is just the way they are.  I embrace this and am realizing there is very little I can do to curtail their competitive energies!  EVERY day, they call Punch Bugs.  It is a way of life for them.  All will be peaceful and then *BANG* someone is happy because they saw the Punch Bug first and the rest are mad because they didn't see it!  It is a no win situation.  Well, I guess it is a win situation for the child that called it but everyone else is miserable.  There are two Punch Buggies on the way to school every day.  I hate them.  Emily is always crying and uttering through her tears, "Blue Punch Buggy!  I already called it!"  Damien and I laugh because what she is trying to say and what it sounds like are two very different things.  The first time we heard her say it, we whipped our heads around to correct her totally un-PC comment.  Luckily, she didn't say what we thought she said!  Michael, Claire, and Matthew always want me to referee and declare who go the buggy first.  Can't we all just get along???  Then there is the drama of Matthew (or one of the other kids) getting a Punch Bug and then saying, "I give half to Mom and half to Dad."  Then there are hurt feelings because if someone didn't get half.  It is never-ending.

And as if that wasn't enough, my kids call Prius'.  "Gray Prius!  Minus ten for Matthew," Michael will say!  It's always minus ten.  Kids hate having to minus ten (even though it doesn't mean anything other than trying to make another sibling mad).  Being that we are in a more environmentally conscious world, Prius' are everywhere!  I think they made this game up to punish me.  And by the way, I think that Punch Bugs are tripling in sales daily.  I wonder sometimes when the owner of a VW Bug drives by my car if they realize the chaos they just started.  I don't ever think I will look at a Punch Bug without cursing it's existence again. 

No comments: