Saturday, September 10, 2011

Michael's 'Red Bulls' Soccer

Michael and soccer just go together.  Whether it is soccer season or not- Michael always has a soccer ball nearby!  He couldn't wait for soccer to start this year and is so excited to be on the same team he has been on for the last three years!  They named themselves 'Red Bulls' and are feeling pretty good about it!  After they score, they pu their index fingers next to their temples and act like bulls.  Totally appropriate for ten/eleven year old boys!

Michael has been playing left defender again this season.  Michael's team is really good so after they score a few goals, they mix the players and the positions up so everyone gets some exposure at every position.  Michael loves playing on the defensive line.  He has great positioning, understands the right way to chase down a defender and also has improved his dribbling and ball possesion skills tremendously!  I love watching him play!

Because of Michael's age, he has to play up a grade with fifth graders.  This is so great for Michael because he is constantly challenged and it forces him to get better- which he loves!  Damien is assistant coaching again this year which makes Michael SOOOO happy! 

I love seeing Michael after his games.  He always has a smile on his face and you can tell he worked hard by the bright red color on his cheeks.  I can't wait to watch him play for the remainder of the season and to see him improve each and every day.  Love you buddy!  Great job out there!!

***These shots were taken during one of Michael's games and are mostly profile pics because he didn't stop moving love enough to get a good shot!  I asked for him to pose afterwards but apparently it wasn't a 'cool move'.  I will have to get some other shots of him later!

No comments: