Friday, September 23, 2011

Saint Matthew's Day!

Matthew was so excited when I woke up him this morning.  "Is today Saint Matthew's Day?  Is it really today?"  Emily and Matthew's Saint days are really close to one another and since it was the first year she celebrated, I wanted to make sure that Matthew felt extra special!  I told Matthew that he had to wait for Michael and Claire to come home from school before his celebration could begin!

Literally, as soon as they came through the door- Matthew said, "Let's call Grandpa and start this party!"  It was hilarious.  Grandpa really got Matthew some wonderful treats.  He got a Harry Potter sticker book, Yogi Bear and SpongeBob Avenger Nintendo DS games, and a gift card to Build-a-Bear workshop!  He was beyond excited!

Matthew loved everything about his special day.  Thanks again to my Dad for honoring my little Matthew and Saint Matthew.  We are so blessed to have Grandpa in our lives!

No comments: