Saturday, September 10, 2011

Claire's 'California Girls' Soccer

Claire absolutely loves soccer!  She has played with the same team since she was in first grade and they have really learned how to play with one another.  I love that she gets to play soccer while hanging out with her friends at the same time!

Her team has really been dominant this year.  They have a lot of really great players and it has been fun to see how well they are doing!  They are linking many passes together and really understand the game which is so great!  Claire either plays center midfield or sweeper.  I love watching her play both positions mostly because she understands where to be and what angles she should take to the ball. 

Watching her makes me so proud.  That's my little girl out there and I love, love, love it!  Matthew loves watching her play.  He knows that next year he gets to play, too so he watches what she does and tries to copy her.  So cute.  Claire was excited to get #15 this year which was the number I was growing up and in college.  I guess the bigger you are, the higher the number!

Clairey, I love watching you play soccer.  I love that you always try your best and I secretly love how intense and competitive you are out there!  You always have on your 'game face' and are ready to play!  I also love that after every game you play, your face is as red as your shirt!  We can't wait to watch you for the rest of the season.  Go California Girls!

***Claire's coach lets the girls pick their team name every year.  They voted and came up with California Girls and were hoping to get fluorescent uniforms.  Nope.  Ended up with a red paisley number.  To say the girls were disappointed was an understatement!  The funniest part of the naming process was that California Girls only won by one vote.  Otherwise- their team name was going to be The Lady Gagas.  Hilarious.

1 comment:

alis said...

LOVE!