Friday, September 09, 2011

Morning Snapshot

This is what it looks like over here at our house every morning before school.  We are all seemingly awake- but dead tired.  Generally- all the kids are still sleeping so I have to wake them up which is not easy!  I have to run a pretty tight ship in the mornings to get out the door, pick up our carpool, and make it to school by the time the 8:15 a.m. bell sounds.  Here is how I budget their mornings.
  • 7:10 a.m.  Wake Up the Kids
  • 7:20 a.m.  Kids Have to be Dressed and Ready for Breakfast.  (They have to lay out their clothes for school the night before.)
  • 7:30 a.m.  Done with Breakfast and in Bathroom for Tooth Brushing and Hair Combing.  (They brush their teeth, I do their hair.)
  • 7:40 a.m.  Get Matthew and Emily Ready for the Day while others Watch Television
  • 7:50 a.m.  Leave to Pick-Up Carpool
  • 8:10 a.m.  Arrive at St. Christopher and Drop-Off Michael and Claire.  (Emily Cries that their Leaving.  Michael fist pumps them both.  Both Michael and Claire give me a kiss goodbye.  Michael usually wipes it off.  I still love it!)
  • 8:25 a.m.  Arrive Back at the House and get Matthew and Emily's Teeth and Hair Brushed
  • 8:45 a.m.  Leave to Drop-Off Matthew at Preschool
  • 9:00 a.m.  Leave Ballard Montessori and Start my Day
How is that for a morning?  I know next year it is going to be even crazier with Matthew in Kindergarten at St. Chris and Emily possibly starting preschool (we're still on the fence with this one).  All I can say, is thank goodness for coffee.  

**Michael isn't in his uniform because he had free dress for a field trip.

1 comment:

Sheelagh said...

That sounds crazy! We don't start school until 8:45 and it's down the street, walking distance, but sometimes we end up leaving at 8:20 and not making it the 1.5 blocks to school by the time the bell rings. It sounds like you have things down pat over there!!!