Thursday, May 21, 2009

About the Author

We got a book home today that Michael wrote all by himself at school. It was really creative and totally Michael. Apparently he wrote the book in computer class and then they helped him bind it and make it officially his own. Claire told us that Michael came over to her Kindergarten classroom and read it in front of the entire class. She loved every minute of it and couldn't stop telling me detail after detail about the event! Of course- Michael told me nothing about it. When I read the book- I was quite impressed. But while reading the book- I failed to look on the back cover and see the About the Author page. Claire had to point it out to me and I just loved it. I am so happy that it has been documented that the thousands of dollars we are going to pay to get Michael through Catholic grammar school, high school, and then college will be put to good use when Michael is a popsicle man when he grows up. He has often talked about how he wants to be a popsicle man. He let me know that he will stop in front of our house and because we are his parents- we will get free ice cream. Can you believe it? Free ice cream!

How awesome it is to be a kid and think you can be whatever you want to be. I love Michael's creative mind and innocence and I hope that when he stops by our house when he is older in his popsicle truck that he carries those red, white, and blue rocket popsicles because they are my favorite!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

That is so adorable. So cute how Claire was so proud of her brother too. Your kids are so sweet Lisa, you and Damien are doing such a wonderful job. You can let Michael know that I'll ONLY buy my ice cream and popsicles from him exclusively.

Sheelagh said...

Too cute! What a sweet boy. Danielle is right, you are raising your kids well. They are truly compassionate and seem to love each other so much!