Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ms. A

At Claire's school- they learn the phonetic alphabet by using Letter People. Each Monday for the first three-quarters of the year, she has brought home a book detailing the Letter Person that they met that day. Sometimes it has been Mr. K with his Kaboom Kick and other times we have seen Ms. D who is a dazzling dancer. All the letter people have really cute descriptions and actions. I am really familiar with this whole process as Michael did all of this last year so I know what is coming in advance.

This week, Claire's class had Letter Person day. They didn't have to wear their uniform if they came to school dressed as a Letter Person. Last year, Michael took a pretty obvious route and went to school as Mr. K with his Kaboom Kick. He wore his soccer uniform and it was really a no brainer. Claire, on the other hand, said since day one that she wanted to go to school as Ms. A Achoo. Hmmmm, okay. I asked her more descriptive questions about Ms. A and Claire told me that this girl just sneezes. I tried to convince her to pick a more colorful Letter Person where we could get creative with her costume, but she was not interested. She was so dead set on being Ms. A. that she told me her creative ideas on how to be Ms. A. "Okay Mom. I want to have a red letter A with yellow 'achoos' on it and then I want to take pieces of kleenex and tape them all over my shirt. Then I want to hold a package of kleenex in my hand." I tried as best I could to help Claire with her vision and she was as confident as ever to go to school as Ms. A today. I love that she had her own ideas of how we would carry out her assignment and although I am completely partial to my daughter- I think she looked pretty darn cute, too!

3 comments:

ms. n said...

dude. my niece is a genious!

side note - nice costume work, lis.

Anonymous said...

"A" is also for absolutely adorable. Love, Nonna

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ms. N. I bet Ms. A could even spell the word 'genius' correctly as well. Maybe even better than hmmm.... let's say.... an almost 22-year-old??